Friday, September 18, 2009

Yoga..Omniscient


Do you ever get the feeling that with all this "virtual" technology and second life stuff that artificial intelligence may be a little more intelligent than we think?

This has been a rough emotional week for me (and Alex now that I know you're reading I'm sorry to say this, but..) because I have been experiencing a little something called Pre-Menstrual Syndrome.

In an effort to combat this, I try to do uplifting things like exercise. Or eat as much chocolate and salt as possible in one sitting.

Anyway, this morning I decided to pull out a new Yoga DVD and give it a whirl. I was about 10 minutes in, and in a rather awkward position very similar to the one above, when the TV yoga lady started talking in an oh-so-soothing voice about how we as women need to center and find peace. She took a breath while I pondered on how she knew I was a woman, and how these cramps were certainly not bring me peace when she continued on to say...

"It is particularly important during the menstrual cycle to rest and connect with our intuition."

WHAT???

How'd she know? And let's say she didn't know, although all signs point to yes, is that not an odd thing to say on a yoga DVD? I mean I'm no expert on yoga (Trust me) but in the few classes I've been to my menstrual cycle has never been mentioned before.

I was so wierded out, I was forced to turn off the TV before she started telling me what was going on with my romantic life and when I would die. My flexibility and peace of mind did not improve today.

8 comments:

Amy Brindley said...

Glad to see you've posted. I love your sarcasm!!!

Aly said...

clever as usual. poor Alex. wish that I could have talked to you longer at the wedding reception. you truly looked fabulous.

k wallace said...

there you are! missed you. is this the yoga dvd i tried to make you interested in way back in 2006?

Anonymous said...

Welcome back.

Amy Poulson said...

It has been far too long!!!!! I miss you when you don't write. I count on your entertaining tales, and wish my life was half as exciting (it's not).

Write some more. :)

An said...

I have only taken one yoga class in my life. It was at the A2 YMCA and our instructor reminded us every single time if anyone was menstruating to please raise their hand. The outed menstruating women (a different set each week) had to do different poses than the rest of the class.

Elisa said...

This is Elisa Thompson, Ryan told us about your blog at the reception, now I'm blog stalking you a little bit... No kidding, I had a similar inner monologue going on this morning while forcing myself to do pilates through intense cramps! I could have used a pep-talk!

Kris said...

I just want to know how that pose worked out for you.

Hits

free hit counter account login link
Get a hit counter here.