Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Stand up and Be Counted

I voted today for the first time. I know, jaws have dropped, eyes have popped, people are appalled. I've heard it all. So pick up your jaws and be a glass half full kinda person and think how great it is I am a voter now.

I will be forced to remove you from my friend list if you make any kind of comments about how horrible I am for not voting in the past and you go the glass half empty route.

I know the rule for those of you who will inevitably feel inclined to comment on patriotism, freedom and everything else dear to your heart---if you don't vote you can't complain. Well, I never did. I always refused to vote if there was not a candidate I wanted to vote for...and frankly people, I don't see that any candidate has made that much difference or dangerous impact except perhaps our current president, and I'm fairly certain the other option wouldn't have done any better, so...whatev.

The point is...this is a big election. I'm not feeling as strongly as I did a few months ago that one candidate is RIGHT, but I am excited to take part in the process. And I will be much more curious now to see who wins...and the CHANGES they will undoubtedly implement on day 1.

P.S. the SNL Presidential bash last nigh---HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT. Huge.

4 comments:

xóchitl said...

the suffragettes must be singing your praises today Shauri Quinn. i'm glad you decided to stand up and be counted. i also enjoyed your "coverage" of the election throughout.

Kari Badell said...

Good for you! I voted for the 2nd time in my life today. I'm glad that I didn't vote in the prior 2 elections that I could have because I wasn't educated. I was hesitant to vote this time because I haven't felt that either candidate was worthy of my vote, but I decided to vote my conscience. I'm not planning on being surprised at who will win tonight.

John McCain said...

May I ask, my friend, WHO you voted for?

ttodd said...

Shauri Quinn you "stupid dog", don't tell me you voted for Obama!....How are you doing? It's been 15+ years!! -Traci Todd

Hits

free hit counter account login link
Get a hit counter here.