Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Another one bites the dust



I don't know if all of you know this little tidbit, but it rains wherever I go. So if you're looking to stop a drought, your best option is to pitch in some cash for a plane ticket and send me packing.

I have made it rain for days in desert landscapes that have never seen rain. Like Australia in the outback. I'm a walking water miracle. Case in point, I just went to Utah. Also a desert. Forecast? Rain for 4 straight days.

Which made it very difficult to find time between the rain showers to take photos of Travis and his soon to be fiance. You can see some of the shots on silentspinsterstories.blogspot.com.

One of my favorite moments during the shoot was when Travis wanted to stage a picture of him jumping off the wall and Jessica holding on to his legs. It was totally staged, but while Jessica was pulling his legs she cried out, "Travis, don't jump!" And she was serious.



Welcome to the family Delsa junior. We love you already.

This is another shot we took. Travis titled it "Guess who's getting married..."



I suppose I should be upset and bitter that there is now only myself and my youngest brother left as the single-tons in the family. Oddly, I'm not. I figure, if Travis can make it happen, anyone can. And after all, aren't I anyone?

Seriously people. It's a moment of rejoicing. A new baby is on the way via Kristin, a new in-law via Travis, and I am ushering in a brand new bushel of wrinkles. I guess we're all contributing!

Happy Engagement little brother. I love my newest in-law.

5 comments:

Delsa said...

That is great Shauri,I must go look at the pictures, except I thought that was the site I was already on. I love the one of them peeking over the wall.

Colleen said...

so you are the reason for all the rain here. thanks a lot. good to know i got connections when we need some more rain here. lol.

Aly said...

The photos turned out great! It was such a good surprise to see you and Wallace with them on Sun. Thanks for the rain. I love it!

Trek 2009 said...

I'm crying right now, Shauri!!! You were the cause of our wicked, insane thunderstorm we had today in Louisville!!! You are spot on!!! You bring on the rain. Wow. That's impressive. Seriously, we have never experienced anything like that in the 5 years we lived here. You sure do make your presence known!!

jamie said...

that last comment from "trek2009" was me, jamie. i'm so impressed right now. thanks for the lovely visit last night and an exciting storm today.

Hits

free hit counter account login link
Get a hit counter here.