Sunday, June 21, 2009

Respectable Wait Time

A Question:

How long should you wait to date a guy after he gets out of a relationship? A year? Two years? 2 weeks? The next day?

I ask because I seem to always stumble on the ones who are fresh out. Or sometimes even a year out and it just seems like they're still fresh out. And I have to believe they are NOT really available to me. That I'm clearly being set up for rebound.

And I don't mind hearing their stories about the past relationship, cause frankly I'm curious too, BUT I DO mind hearing the stories twice and three times, or ONLY hearing their stories. Yes, this I mind.

BUT, if you wait too long, well someone else can slide right in when they're good to go and you miss your window. OR you hear the stories about the couple that met right after the breakup and got married 4 months later. Seriously.

So I ask, how long do you wait?

3 comments:

Kris said...

I guess it depends on what the relationship was. Just a short term dating thing? Days. Long term dating? Months. Divorced? Year or more (depending on the situation). Widowed? whenever they start dating. Broken Engagement? Long enough to make sure the girl isn't going to resurface. It's a mixed bag.

Elizabeth Downie said...

I agree with Kris. But I say, don't wait too long. I've heard those stories too - the guy dates someone forever, breaks up with her and marries someone else six months later. Who knows!

Delsa said...

Maybe they are testing you to see how good of a listener you are.

Hits

free hit counter account login link
Get a hit counter here.