Sunday, June 21, 2009

Puppets Are Scary


Yesterday I was riding home from a special cupcake trip with Keely and Max, which it should be noted was not the success I anticipated as they both hated the fluffy frosting, ate them from the bottom up and proceeded to smear the frosting all over clothes, face and hair followed by a full bottle of chocolate milk being spilled on the floor. And yes, we were the only customers in the store, so we were noticed.

Anyway, as I was saying. We were riding home when Keely told me she was excited to see what Grandma and Grandpa brought her from Australia when they came home. She said she hoped it wasn't a puppet. This began a small debate between us as we discussed why she would like dolls then because aren't they the same as a puppet?

Turns out they're not. Puppets are much more boring. Why remains unclear.

In my efforts to convince her that puppets were actually far more entertaining than dolls the conversation continued as follows:

Me: Do you know what a Marionette is?
Keely: No.
Me: It's a puppet with strings so you can move it's hands and legs, and it can wave at you.

Long pause.

Keely: (in monotone) Terrifying.

Upon further reflection I believe she is right. Puppets are scarier. Unless your doll is a clown or looks like Chucky.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

That's funny!!! Just to be clear though, Keely is terrified of puppets. There was a scary one on Hannah Montana once and she's never recovered!

Elizabeth Downie said...

That was such a funny story!! And I LOVE the picture.

Delsa said...

Whoa! Her gift is coming in our shipment which could take 2 months to get there. What can I do now?

Aly said...

Keely stories are my favorite! Although, the story of Max sobbing for special time with his auntie really touched my heart...

Hits

free hit counter account login link
Get a hit counter here.