Monday, February 16, 2009

I Hate the Bachelor

Why won't the guy EVER chose the best friend? Why is it always most attraction, least substance??? Dude says he wants a good mother for his son. It is also clear they (oh- the girl he kicked off last night -Jillian) have the best, easiest connection. And this girl is attractive. Did you see her in the hot tub?

I realize this sounds bitter, and yes, in fact it is. And yes, you're right again, I AM always the best friend. So yes, it's personal. BUT I will never understand why a guy doesn't want to be with a girl that is actually an equal and a friend who understands the big words and makes him laugh and have fun.

His final words, "I was totally falling for her, but I just wasn't in love with her." Read: In-fatuated or In lust.

While I do hate him now. And I'm sure I will hate him even more when next week they bring back Deanna, and he inevitably wants that major LAMO publicity hog back, for now I am glad at least that this validates everything I have always thought about how love works. I finally have confirmation that it can never be the friend. Even if you are attracted enough to sleep with her like our Bachelor did -- it's just not ENOUGH attraction. (sorry, couldn't resist the last jab.) So, bless the Bachelor for that. For the standard of truth it boldly and proudly bears.

I feel better. Thanks.

(p.s. I know every week is like "the most dramatic week EVER, but did you SEE the previews for the final show??)

5 comments:

Kris said...

Jillian was too cool for that fool anyway.

jamie said...

amen shauri!! Seriously, I was really digging this season and all because of Jillian. I love her!! I was so disappointed when he said Molly's name instead of Jillian's name. I almost turned it off immediately. I really don't care now who he chooses. He's so lame. If it wasn't for the intense, "most dramatic ending in Bachelor history" teaser I probably wouldn't even watch next week. But I have to see what happens with DeAnna. It's sick, I know, but I have to know why she's coming back. Thanks for writing my thoughts exactly. :)

Misty said...

Are you kidding me?? Major spoiler, for one, since I haven't seen that episode yet but I totally thought he would choose Jillian!

Unknown said...

I'm a friend of Kasey's and I just had to check your blog out when I saw the title "I hate the Bachelor." I just got done watching it and was totally disapointed he kicked J to the curb! What was he thinking? Can't wait for the "Most Dramatic Ending Ever!" Good review.

Aly said...

How ironic. Just before reading your post, I read one entitled something like, "why do girls always go for the bad boy?" It's just a darn miracle when two people like each other the same, at the same time isn't it?

Hits

free hit counter account login link
Get a hit counter here.