Monday, February 16, 2009

I Heart Vampires



It's a toss on which holiday usually has the biggest letdown effect - New Years or Valentine's Day. This year they were both delightful because I figured out the secret. Zero expectations. I pretty much forgot it WAS V-day until...about..well, OK, 8:30 am.

That's when I was awakened to a gentle little tap at my door. And what was behind door number one? Only the best surprise ever. (No, not Dr. McDreamy and a diamond ring, but close.) Max and Kristin holding a tray with breakfast in bed. Talk about a great start to the day! I doubt I could find a man who would have thought to do that for me on V-day. And there sure as shootin' isn't one who would look so darned cute with his lips pursed and eyes rolled to the top of his head as he lisped out, "Happy Vawentines day Aunt Shawi."

The morning was great, but good news - it only continued to improve until it was topped off by the real icing on the cake. Shawn, Lisa, Kristin, Abram and I went to see the only movie that authentically captures the essence of Eternal Love - Twilight. I tried to convince Abram and Kristin to dress up like Vampires so we could surprise Shawn and Lisa when we walked in, but they didn't go for it. Probably just cause we were short on time. Otherwise, why not?

After the movie we captured our adventure on film for posterity. The first pose is...you know.. nice.



I said, "Hey, let's pose like vampires now." Unfortunately, when the picture snapped you can see that only one and a half of us understood the idea.



Kristin and Abram agreed to do another pose (I'm sure they were just caught off guard by the sudden impulse), but Shawn REFUSED. Not grudgingly agreed. Not slowly persuaded. Just wouldn't do it. We had to pull his arm just to get him in the picture at all. You can see that Lisa and I really captured the essence of Vampiring here (think Alice in the shocking fire scene. Kristin was all about it too, but I have to believe if Abram was in character he wouldn't look quite so happy about the fatal bite she was laying on him.
Shawn I did an injustice to though. Upon reflection, and if you've seen the movie you know what I'm talking about, he actually truly captures the personality and role of one of the leading vampires - Rosalie. Nice work Shawn. I just didn't get it at the time.

5 comments:

Delsa said...

I think you guys have too much fun, even if some of you have more than others.

Delsa said...

Man, I would go for a Happy Vawentines Day, Gwama. On valentines day we had a district meeting in the morning, Dad did interviews all afternoon while I visited with the missionaries and then the best - I dropped Dad off at the hotel for a room service dinner while I grabbed a bite at McDonalds on the way to 2 lessons with the missionaries. Now - is that romantic?

Misty said...

I'm so glad you appreciate Twilight as much as me. And you'd be a totally hot vampire, Shauri. Seriously. :)

Kris said...

Ahhh yes, now that you mention it - I do see Rosalie in Shawn. At least the "acting" is similar. ( :

KA said...

I can't believe you got those guys to see that movie. I can't think of how on earth I would ever get Jon to agree to that.

Hits

free hit counter account login link
Get a hit counter here.