Sunday, March 15, 2009

Married to your Work

I had an interesting thought about marriage this weekend. And the phrase "You're married to your work." This is always tossed out in a negative context. And I even view it in a negative context....

..BUT...

Here's the interesting thing. If you're not married to anyone or anything else, why not be married to your work? The big hangup whenever I hear it used is that it "won't keep you warm at night."

Well guess what people. I have news for you. I do work at night and on the weekends and even from my sick bed this weekend and what I have discovered is this: When you sleep with your computer it can keep you warm at night. Sometimes even warmer than another body. So I would disagree and say, my career CAN keep me warm at night.

The danger of course is when you do what Ed did and roll over your computer and squash it in half. Luckily he's married to a person too, so he has a backup plan. I must be very cautious not to do the same as I am monogamous.

2 comments:

Kari Badell said...

Interestingly enough...most spouses don't keep eachother warm at night. After about 1-2 months, the cuddling phase is over and you both retreat to your side of the bed. And if you have a king, that can be a ways away. So, the computer(although with a hard exterior) isn't a bad alternative.

Delsa said...

Oh, Shauri, you are always thinking- By the way did you know that Garrett is going home on the 26th. Were you planning on going out for E. Fag. or Spencer?

Hits

free hit counter account login link
Get a hit counter here.