Saturday, March 7, 2009

Molly: A Lesson in Love

One last thought about The Bachelor and then I SWEAR it's over.

On Friday, Jason and Molly made their first appearance on Ellen, who grilled them as they deserved to be grilled. I have to admit that I've been heaping all of the blame and disgust on Jason, because I really liked Molly during the show, and well, Jason did make all the poor decisions.

However.

However, on Ellen Molly said something that I was so totally annoyed with, I've been rolling it around in my head for 24 hours. In response to Ellen's question about if Jason did the right thing and how she felt about Melissa, Molly said, "He is standing up for what is best for him. I think if there is any time to be selfish, it's when love is involved."

SERIOUSLY??

Let me play that back. If there is any time to be SELFISH, it's when LOVE is involved? Does that even make sense. I misguidedly thought if there's anytime to be unselfish it's when love is involved. Oh the confusion.

Sorry, but that comment on it's own is enough reason to stay on Team Melissa. I mean try a little unselfishness and see if that helps in the decision making process or longevity of your relationship(s).

5 comments:

Aly said...

I enjoy reading your blog way more than watching these shows! Amen on your thoughts. True love IS selflessness.

JJ said...

So sad, I just got back and my tivo recorded nothing, NOTHING the entire time I was gone so I missed all the drama!

Garrett said...

24 hours Shauri? 24 hours?

Sadlers said...

I am all for Team Melissa. Jason is pathetic!!

Kari Badell said...

I was annoyed by the same statement. We'll see if Molly feels the same way when she's the one being dumped(again!) or cheated on. I mean if Jason couldn't help himself because he HAD to follow his heart, she can't be mad at him right?

Hits

free hit counter account login link
Get a hit counter here.