Monday, April 21, 2008

A Really Blind Date

I went on a date last night, and due to a new policy not to use real names, (not to protect the innocent, it just seems more fun) we will call him the "circus clown" aka CC. This is because his name reminds me of a circus clown.

Naturally this was a blind date - it's the only kind I go on. Which leads me to wonder, why do the men I date now need to be blind? (This is rhetorical, I don't want the answer in case of any of you get any big ideas to comment.)

Of course we all start losing our eyesight with age, so maybe there is some sort of correlation. In fact, give me about 15 more years of single-dom and my 55 year old blind dates really WILL be blind. Or better yet, maybe I will.

This blind date was a setup by someone I have met one time. I still haven't figured out why she was so dead set on lining me up since I literally spent 30 minutes of my life with her and in that time she came up with 3 guys (1 who did prison time) that would be perfect. She didn't stop there though. One month later I got a call from her ex (Travis' roommate) telling me she had someone to line me up with. I mean this isn't just a conversation starter anymore with a stranger, she's going out of her way to think of me and get something going.

Does this strike anyone else as odd? The funny thing is, when we went out, I told CC that I actually didn't know this girl...at all. He said that she was in his ward, but that he didn't really know her either. She just came up to him one Sunday and said she HAD to line him up with one of her good friends.

I know I make friends easily, but...wow. I may have found a girl who has even stronger attachment issues (and delusions) than me.

All of this leads me to believe that

1. She really wants to help out the senior population around her (she's 20)
2. She thought I looked really, really desperate. Or he did.
3. She's just plain crazy.

The good news is, CC did not do prison time. Or have a red, scratch that, he did not have an afro.

7 comments:

EFN Newsletter said...

so was it a good date?

Katy said...

I know his name- I'm not going to say.

Palindrome!

Delsa said...

I want to know who it was - give us the details. Do you have another date. Will I be coming home for a wedding?

KA said...

Ditto kmq's comment. You couldn't add a bit of detail for us?

Shauri said...

Obviously I could NOT. Otherwise I would be using his real name and not bobo the clown. Let's just say Delsa will not be coming home for a wedding.

Kris said...

At least not yet anyway. You used to have such a fondness for clowns & guys on parole - what happened to that "open" Shauri? Sounds like a nightmare date to me.

Kris said...

Next time you have a bad blind date, I think you should resort to communication by mime.

Hits

free hit counter account login link
Get a hit counter here.