Saturday, April 26, 2008

Sharks Can be so Cruel


While being beaten to a pulp on the treadmill in this hour long "shredmill" class I let Rachel talk me in to participating in, I was watching a newsflash about a shark attack in San Diego. I have a special fascination and terror for sharks, so I was watching closely.

I thought perhaps the most wily, compelling and perhaps slightly twisted spin this newscaster came up with was when he said the following:

"This 66 year old man was a retired veterinarian. How ironic that a man who spent his whole life helping and saving animals would have his life taken by one."

Seriously? I mean, yes, how ironic and cruel for this shark to target a veterinarian. I bet if he knew how much this man helped animals he would have kept right on swimming. Possibly until he found himself a nice, tasty taxidermist. Or fisherman.

4 comments:

Delsa said...

And why do you choose to watch that kind of show?

Shauri said...

Ummm..it wasn't a show mom. It was CNN. It was reality.

Tricia said...

Jack Handy said it best, "Probably to a shark the funniest thing is a wounded seal trying to swim to shore because, where does he think he's going?!"

xóchitl said...

...or harpoonist.

Hits

free hit counter account login link
Get a hit counter here.