Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Bali - Day 3


This morning we got up at around 4am, stayed in bed until about 5:30, and then decided to walk around the grounds. It was so freaking humid that as soon as I took my lens cap off the whole thing fogged up and I could never quite clear it. This picture was taken through the haze.



The temperature was about 90 degrees with 5 billion percent humidity, but I was happy to take it over the snow I had just left in Michigan. In April. Whatever.

There was a bit of a mini-drama as we discussed where to eat breakfast. I had called the executive lounge the night before to tell them it was Gina’s birthday and to arrange a surprise birthday cake. Elizabeth knew what the plan was, but misunderstood that we had to be IN the lounge to get it. So here I am trying to convince Elizabeth even more than Gina to go to the lounge instead of eating in the restaurant when we were in cahoots with the plan. She kept saying, “I’ll just eat here and you can eat there. We can split up.” Ummm…no. I kept trying to get her to understand that we had to be there to get the cake, without saying anything to give it away in ear shot of Gina, but she thought the cake was coming to our room and our conversation was at an impasse for quite a while. We’ll chalk it all up to jet lag. ☺

At any rate, we did finally get to the lounge---see how beautiful:



And we did finally surprise Gina with her Birthday Cake.



I love Elizabeth’s face of surprise, and Gina and the Server’s faces of delight.





You can’t beat celebrating a birthday in Bali! We headed off to the pool for our first official rays and some R&R before our shuttle to the Goddess Villas came to fetch us that afternoon.

No comments:

Hits

free hit counter account login link
Get a hit counter here.