Sunday, April 26, 2009

Bali - Day 9



Sadness. My last full day in Bali. And my last surf day. I can’t believe how quickly the time passed and how fantastic the trip was. It met and exceeded all my expectations, and those were pretty high to begin with.



I packed a lot in to the last day: Yoga, surfing, lunch by the pool with the ladies, shopping for the first time in Seminayak (shocking) to get some gifts for the munchkins at home, and then our big farewell Goddess dinner. The time flew by.



Usually when I travel I have a ton of funny stories and embarrassing moments, but I really didn’t have many to share this trip. When I thought about that, and keeping you people entertained, I almost went out and created some, but then I though…nah. Enjoy the first time in your life that you went a whole week without shaming yourself in some unpredictable way. At least that I’m aware of.



The farewell dinner was delicious and touching. I think that we were all really surprised at how quickly we all connected as a group, how much we all had in common, how much fun we had together, and how much we learned from each other. Our grand pooh-bah surf Goddess, Chelsea told us that our group really surprised her by how much we all stuck together, especially since we were her biggest group ever. That she didn’t expect all 15 to troop around everywhere in a herd.



Some of the “goddesses” put together a small awards ceremony where they essentially christened each goddess with a title. Mine was “inspirational goddess.” I’m sure NO ONE is surprised by that. I thought that was really nice, since I was inspired by so many of them, and am not sure what I said or did that was too inspirational. It’s maybe the first time that my title wasn’t “most fun” or “laughs a lot”—I guess that’s what happens when you a.) don’t embarrass yourself all week and b.) You are sober and surrounded by some ladies (one 4’11” Aussie goddess in particular) who’s a crazy fire-cracker that can drink a 300 lb man under the table.

And a hilarious UK goddess,
who in these pictures hadn’t even had a drop of alcohol and….well…you get the picture.

They said come to Bali and find your bliss. I found mine.

1 comment:

Delsa said...

You know how to plan them.

Hits

free hit counter account login link
Get a hit counter here.