Sunday, October 28, 2007

A Rocky Mountain High - Boston Style

Yesterday at 5 am the journey began for Travis and I. And I think it had a rather auspicious beginning. We set off in the dark for the airport listening to songs on my ipod. Songs that Steve and Shawn had listened to last night and only been able to identify 5 out of 29 artists. It's like neither one of them ever heard of the 80's or 90's for crying out loud. I was told when you're a spinster and in your 30's you don't have to keep up with all the stuff kids are listening to. I'm not afraid of a little Kanye West though. Spinster or not.

Anyway, back to the drive to the airport. Right as we were pulling in, the song "We're running with the shadows of the night..." started and Travis REALLY fell in love. It became our theme song for the rest of the day. If you haven't heard it or heard it for a while, take a run through i-tunes. I think you'll fall in love all over again.

We met a bunch of fans on the plane--lots of red sox gear in sight. We got in around 9:30 and drove out to Kris and Scott's house. I call Scott the "imaginary husband" because I had never met him, and well, we all know how Kris (Hansen) has a GREAT imagination. Anyway, I can report that he is real, and also really cool. I know this because he let Travis hold the remote control. I should tell mom and dad though, and I warned him I would, that he is encouraging Travis not to marry until his 30's. He wants to make sure Travis really knows himself and what he wants before he decides. GREAT call. If you want his digits I can pass them on.

We went over to see Ian's new house yesterday and to catch up with his family. Kris and Travis were most impressed with his wine cellar. He was proud to announce that because he doesn't drink, he only stocks the finest Martinellis. I swear to you, he had hundreds of bottles in his wall and stacked crates. The bad news was that one of them was leaking. He told us he was upset because Martinellis didn't tell him that after a year they can start leaking. I guess Martinellis has never had the intention of being stocked in a wine cellar and finely aged. He told us we could each take a crate as a parting gift. It was fun to see him.

Last night once again, the Red Sox claimed their fated victory. Travis and I are anxious to see them clinch it all in person tonight. There were a couple tense moments in the 7th when the Rockies came back within one and Travis started throwing things, like verbal stones, at Scott's poor father (a rockies fan), but then he settled down. All in all he behaved extraordinrily well and didn't get nearly as upset as he could have with Rockies fans in such close proximity.

I believe you will see a not so attractive picture of myself posted to Kris' blog of when I fell asleep during the game (2 hrs of sleep people!). It was the boring 6-0 stretch. I woke up again when they needed my support to get them through the tough spot.

2 comments:

EFN Newsletter said...

Um, you went to Colorado to watch the game on TV? I thought you were GOING to the game.

Delsa said...

Is Kristin right? Were you watching on t.v. That reminds me of Dad and Garrett going to St. Louis and watching the game on T.V.
I'm not at all sure that I like Scott. There are more people involved here than Travis - what about this wanna be grandma of Travis's children?

Hits

free hit counter account login link
Get a hit counter here.