Sunday, May 4, 2008

I am so Hot

And I'm not talking about the temperature.

I was walking through the airport a couple days ago when I noticed people kept staring at me. At first it just seemed to be men. I wasn't too surprised, cause hey, like I said, I'm no sack of potatoes. (whatever that means.)

But then I noticed it was happening a bit more than even someone as stunning as myself was accustomed to. I went from thinking, "yeah, I'm lookin' good today" to "alright, already, take a picture." With a couple particularly hard-staring bozos I actually did the lean in towards them with a hard, challenging stare in my eyes that as good as said, "You like what you see buster? Why don't you stare a little harder?"

They did have the courtesy to look away, but it wasn't until I noticed a couple that walked by pointing AND sniggering (great word from My Fair Lady) that I started thinking maybe this doesn't have anything to do with how hot I am.

I stopped, looked down and noticed part of my skirt tucked in to my "undergarments." Awesome. And less than hot.

Clearly, some of these people were probably wishing they could take a picture and make it last longer -- especially if they had blogs. I know I would.

8 comments:

Lisa said...

You didn't tell me that; funny!

Unknown said...

that is brutal. so embarrassing. How rude for a woman not to tell you - we need to stick together in times like that!

Delsa said...

Wow, can I relate- it's happened twice when I have walked into the temple, one other time I can't remember where and finally when I walked over to the office the other day. Wearing these long skirts can be a real pain when you are in a hurry.

Robin said...

oh no. that is too funny. I am glad that you have confidence though to think that they are staring in envy of your good looks. From the very beginning I would have wondered what was off with me:) They were probably thinking that it is part of the style these days, to wear leggings underneath!

Kris said...

My question is...did you decide to fix the problem or bask in the glory of getting stares from both men AND women? I sure wish I was there with a camera - it would've made my blog for sure!

Rain in My Head said...

Ha hahaha hhahaha hahahahahha. . oh man, sorry to laugh at your pain but that is just funny. . :)

alisha said...

laughing hard. crying even. that rocks.

JP said...

I love it. That's happened to me before. embarrassing, but funny later.

Hits

free hit counter account login link
Get a hit counter here.