Sunday, May 11, 2008

The MCC


Because I care so deeply for you people I am going to let you in on a secret that will save 4 valuable hours of your life. I'm going to tell you two movies that you should never, never see. I don't care if your life is being threatened or if you are promised a million dollars - DO NOT DO IT. They are: Made of Honor and What Happens in Vegas. I assure you, the only thing you will get from seeing these two movies is deep regret and an understanding why Bollywood is making more money than Hollywood now.

While seeing the second horribly painful movie, I was entertained by a phenomenon that I find much less entertaining when I actually enjoy the movie. It's the movie color commentator - MCC.

This MCC is the guy (or gal) who sits in the theater and really, really believes that they are not only part of the movie, but that the characters can hear them. They say things like, "Oh no girl, don't do that. You WILL regret it." OR "I told you not to." OR "I remember that happened when I was in Vegas." You know, just running commentary throughout the movie. Bringing it to life for everyone around them and reminding the rest of us that it is really a movie all while they have completely suspended disbelief and live it.

At the end of this horrible movie, I turned to the MCC behind me making all these comments and I said, "Thank you. If it wasn't for you, I would have killed myself during this movie. You are the only thing that was entertaining." He looked at me and smiled, but his face said, " You are crazy and I have no idea what you're talking about." I find it shocking that he has no idea he was actually talking during the whole movie.

3 comments:

Kris said...

Ahhh yes, the best kind...when people don't actually KNOW they're the entertainment. Thanks for saving me the additional 2 hours - I already saw Made of Honor. Unfortunately for everyone, it's been done hundreds of times before, but this time the groom was a real sportsman & liked killing & eating wild game. An interesting twist? Not really.

Lisa said...

I can 2nd the Made of Honor view point, horrible!

And hey Shauri, why don't you love it when I make comments all through a movie??

Val said...

Hated made of honor....LOVED What happens in vegas... Sorry, it doesn't take much to entertain me these days. Also, I saw it on a weekend away from the rats, which made everything better...including not showering or combing my hair that day. Always a day-maker!

Hits

free hit counter account login link
Get a hit counter here.