Saturday, May 3, 2008

The resurrection


Sorry to wax religious here, but it's too irresistible not to record.

Yesterday I was talking to my 4 year old niece Keely and she told me this story about the mice problem they've been having in the basement. Here is her story:

"We set these traps and we kept checking them and checking them and never found anything. Then one day I went down to the basement and it was really, really dark and I thought I saw this pine cone. Then I switched on the light and I saw this poor little dead mousey in the trap. (sad face) And it was so, so sad.

(pause. I wait for the tears.)

But it's ok, because I know that in the resurrection I am going to get to play with that mousey and I will buy him a big present of cheese that I will wrap in the bow. I think actually, that it's little mousey babies died and the mama needed to be with them."

Great story, no? Someone's been paying attention in Sunday School and finding some interesting applications. I mean... resurrection?? I truly hope she does get to play with that mousey in the resurrection as planned. And all it's babies.

1 comment:

Delsa said...

That Keely does have a very interesting mind. I hope if she plays with the mousey in the resurrection, she will do it sometime when I'm not around.

Hits

free hit counter account login link
Get a hit counter here.