Sunday, August 17, 2008

New Hobby, and Pictures too

I've decided to stop bombarding people on this blog who could care less about seeing random pictures of my family and friends. As you can see by the new link on the left side, I've started a new blog--Silent Spinster Stories. Something I'm sure a few of you on here wish I would be more often. Silent, that is.

Bottom line, I got a new camera and I'm a bit snap happy. I plan to learn how to use it well and call myself a photographer instead of a hack. If you'd like to see how I'm coming along you can take a look-see.

This weekend my victims were the Ellis family. I posted a few of my favs. http://silentspinsterstories.blogspot.com/

Other than that...no breaking news.

Well, except this: Desperate times call for desperate measures. I'm not talking about being a spinster, I'm talking about the lack of blog material I have available for my blog here in Michigan. I have signed up for Match.com (pause for reader gasp) and I plan to use it regularly to fill up the pages of this blog.

There is no way that I will actually find a match on match.com, so please understand...I'm doing this for you. I think you can be assured it will provide us both hours of entertainment.

Here's a preview of what it has to hold for you. An excerpt from an email I got yesterday: "I may not be a supermodel, but I'm a super guy who really likes super models." I cannot attach a picture for you, but to create a mental image - 48, glasses, 5'8", 250lbs, bald. Let the games begin.

4 comments:

Amy said...

I love that you're starting a blog just for your photos. The ones you posted of Kristin and her family are fantastic. I shot some pictures today at the lake, and am realizing just how much I have to learn--but I guess that's part of the fun.

Delsa said...

I think you better unsign up for match.com if that is the best offer.

Kari Badell said...

I love your pictures. I just wish you were still here in Utah so you could take some of my family.

JJ said...

Match.com?! Can not wait to hear the stories that ensure...and of course, we all know it is purely for scientific purposes!

Hits

free hit counter account login link
Get a hit counter here.