Sunday, September 14, 2008

Career- Stopper

I think Abram said it best - "Michael Phelps agent should not have let him be on SNL." Seriously. The worst actor ever. With the possible exception of his entertaining performance on the tuba with his retainer.

On the other hand, The Sarah Palin/Hillary Clinton opener was perhaps the funniest skit I've seen on SNL in years. Tina Fey was spot on in her imitation, and the angle they used for Hillary of "just try harder, any woman can make it if they just try" was, well, really, really funny.

You can check it out here if you missed it: http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/video/clips/palin-hillary-open/656281/

Regardless of what your politics are, you have to admit this is darned funny.

6 comments:

Lisa said...

People keep saying Phelps is such a bad actor. News flash people, he's not an actor he's an athlete.

Kristen said...

I agree with you on Phelps. It was painful, but worth every minute for the opening.

Elizabeth Downie said...

His bad acting didn't really bother me - I knew it would be bad since that's not his thing and I thought there were a few funny sketches. The Palin/Clinton thing totally cracked me up! I've watched it several times. Tina Fey is hilarious as Palin!

Aly said...

Jeff and I were laughing so hard over that skit. Then, there was the locker room dance one... kinda strange, but when I saw Will Forte dance like that I just lost it. I was half crying, half laughing. Probably had something to do with my being tired,grouchy and stir crazy after a long day... kinda made up for the painfully awkward moments (like when Phelps started dancing with him) of the show.

tecwhitram said...

I have watched the Pallin/Clinton opener over and over--hilarious! Thanks to you and Jamie for posting it on your blogs. You keep me up to date on media really worth watching.

xóchitl said...

a fey/poehler ticket. it wouldn't necessarily be good for the country, but it would be hilarious. can you imagine the state of the union speeches?

Hits

free hit counter account login link
Get a hit counter here.