Friday, September 19, 2008

Match-o-matic: For Reals, Yo


You may remember that I mentioned back about, oh, a month or so ago that I was signing up on Match.com to help create more engaging content for all y'all people. I mean what good is a spinster blog if there's no men to write about? Can I get an amen?

I extended this promise to you, and then I failed you. I apologize. But I'm back in town, back in business, and the online experiment has officially begun, promising to bring you hours of delightful or appalling reading. Depending on your perspective.

Before I mention the actual date I went on last night, let me just say there are some major whack-jobs online. This shouldn't be surprising considering there are some major whack-jobs in real life, and what more natural forum for them than the online world, but still...I never fail to be surprised. I'm not sure if it's early onset Alzheimers or just that I'm an eternal optimist, but it certainly keeps life fresh for me.

Shock #1:

Man emails me. I ignore it. Man emails me again and tells me this: "I noticed the home shot, looks like Stonebridge, I'll bet I could find the bb hoop...but trust me i'm not stalking." Right, sure, that's NOT stalkerish at all. Ummm..scary. Did he think this would elicit a reply?

Shock #2:
Scary man who looks like he stuck his finger in a light socket. Is anyone else startled by his expression? Another one who wouldn't give up although he pulled the religion card on me. Said he really wanted to learn about "The Ypsi LDS." When I didn't respond, he pulled the guilt card. As in, I wish you wrote - I really wanted to learn about God. I mean- he's on match for religious lessons? I don't think that's why he contacted me, do you? I did write back at that point out of guilt, and recommended the missionaries as a good source for understanding the Ypsi LDS.

There's some characters out there. I wish them well. I really do.

Last night I went on my first Match meet-up. Here's all I'm going to say right now. Major disappointment. He was normal, there was good conversation, and I'm going to see him again. Is that the kind of thing I want to write about here?? Nay. I apologize. I assure I will do a much better job of selecting "interesting subjects" for all future meetings.

3 comments:

John and Ryan said...

You are pretty funny Shar...and I am very excited to hear about your match.com dates. I heard there may be have already been a connection.

ENJOY! Ryan

xóchitl said...

i think it's time to move the bb hoop. frightening much?

Delsa said...

Okay, sorry I just slipped into Mom mode-- you be careful my dear.
By the way, give me a heads up about your trip here. We have got to start planning Christmas.

Hits

free hit counter account login link
Get a hit counter here.