Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The House Bunny

Think Legally Blonde without the good ending and convincing moral, but WITH Hugh Heffner. Who by the way, shouldn't quit his day job.

I knew this movie could go either way (and was forewarned that it might be "crass") but Lisa and Debbie convinced me that a little crass-ness never hurt anyone so I agreed to go. I didn't want to hurt their feelings you see.

Here's my take: It's funny-for about an hour. Then it loses the thread, and some of the humor as Happy Madison follows their typical approach to humor with a long moral speech at the end that is supposed to be funny, but isn't. Some of your old favorites like Shooter McGavin make cameos, and of course Adam Sandler has to throw in some wierd physical humor like girls punching each other in the chest - why? I don't know. But there are some laugh out loud moments up front. I know because I heard Lisa.

Anyway, with the serious dearth of options right now, it's at least worth a few laughs.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Do NOT go. I mean, I laughed a lot in the beginning, but I had it to do over again I wouldn't waste my time.

Hits

free hit counter account login link
Get a hit counter here.