Saturday, September 6, 2008

The Mancliner



I flew out to Utah this weekend to meet up with my film editor and talk to some media outlets and make sure things were still moving in general and in the process had the great good fortune of spending quality time with my brothers.



They also felt quite fortunate and soaked up every minute we had together plying me with questions and begging to interact in some meaningful way.



And by meaningful I mean sharing the wonderful world of sports together. In this case, the Bo Sox. I think there can't be a time too far distant when laptops become a permanent appendage to the male human body.




Actually, here's the invention my brothers would be the first to sign up for - consider this patented: Big fluffy recliner chairs that have a button you press to pull down giant egg-like surround walls. On the wall (now in front of them and encasing them) there is a TV screen that plays all sports all the time, and out of the arm of the chair a computer monitor unfolds and connects wirelessly to the internet. They no longer have to carry it around. Oh the freedom! There will be a hole at the top of the egg so that they can both breathe and have people hand them drinks and food. This is where they will spend their whole weekend, so I suppose it should also fully recline for sleeping purposes.

Behold...the Man-cliner.

4 comments:

xóchitl said...

those pictures are classic. i can always tell when brian isn't listening to me (laptop/blackberry action)while we're conversin from different rooms. he has these delayed responses and then tries to make up for it by rehearsing a very poor version of what i just said.

xóchitl said...

i have to admit, i behave similarly while blogging. oops.

Delsa said...

Oh my heavens, I had forgotten that it has always been this way. I kept thinking it was age, he can't hear as well, his comprehension has dulled, he is so involved in what I am saying that he wants to make sure he has an enlightening response or something like that, but no, Xochi (is that how you spell your name or is the tl part of it?) has reminded me that it has always been this way. No more fooling myself.

Amber said...

You could also make the chair simulate a rollercoaster ride for a more complete experience. Just an idea!

Hits

free hit counter account login link
Get a hit counter here.