Friday, October 17, 2008

Walk Part Deux? No.



Time for a quick Match update. Remember the "walk around the block" guy? The one who seemed to be looking for the fastest possible exit from our meeting and then emailed me the next day to tell me how delighted he was to meet me, and could we get together again soon?

Right. So I pondered on his response for a while and whether to answer it, but curiosity killed the cat and in all likelihood it will also one day kill me. I replied.

I told him I was baffled that he wrote because I thought he was most definitely not interested in seeing me again after his quick exit, and that his actions and message seemed to contradict each other. Explanation?

He quickly responded with an apology, and an "I'm not very good at this or at communicating, but I'm working on it. I really liked you and hope we can go to dinner."

After that I felt a little more sympathetic to him, and started to vacillate on my position. I didn't answer right away because, well come on, the whole first night was rather painful and I'm not sure I was up for another. Dilemma: do I go for the sake of the blog, or do I save myself from more potential pain?

I wrestled with this decision for a day and a half (not a week or even 4 days) when I got this email:

"Hey Shauri! How are you? I am not trying to be rude or anything, like I said I really thought you were great. But why are you even on match.com or looking to date. It seems like you don't even have time to return an e-mail let alone date anyone. Strange.... Anyway, good luck! You seemed nice...."


What?? I love when people aren't TRYING to be rude, but it just sort of happens. Or maybe he's suggesting he doesn't have to try, that it's a gift.

Either way, I guess he has a valid point--I mean why am I on match.com, and am I really looking to date? He may be spot-on. It is nice that he still ends with the trailed off "you seemed nice..." So tragic.

3 comments:

Katy said...

Sheesh - the guy needs to chill out. Very entertaining though

Delsa said...

What you come up with for entertainment. But I guess it provides entertainment for all of your readers as well so it's a kind gesture on your part. What about the hockey dad?

Unknown said...

He already demonstrated and then told you he cant communicate well - you need communicators so that you/we have more entertainment to add to the web site. Anyway his was rude - so he is history and a bland history at that.

Hits

free hit counter account login link
Get a hit counter here.