Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Another Match Miss

Alright, I haven't done any random Match.com posts for awhile, but there is one that came last night that is simply too irresistible not to share.

So I don't want to totally violate his privacy by sharing his user name, but it's tall___bm. (I cut out one word.) I had no idea what bm might stand for except that when I was little my mom always asked me if I needed to have a bm (bowel movement) and I thought it was something weird they only said in Idaho where she grew up. I now know it's even more localized than that.

Anywho.. let's take a look at tall___bm.



His message is short and to the point. Subject: Open up..., Message: ...and try a black man.

I have to admit I felt a little attacked on first reading. As if he thought I wasn't open to a black man and I needed to be. Probably not his the intention, but no matter how I read it, I continue to find the disturbing on each and every level. It also became quite clear what bm stands for. Clearly his color is an important defining and even selling point to him. While I am open to "trying a black man", it won't be this one.

One more Match pet peeve. Why do guys post half naked pictures of themselves? This week I have received no fewer than 5 solicitations from men with no shirt - some flexing in a mirror. Blech. Is this some sort of selling point? I don't care how great your body looks, as soon as I see that you think it looks awesome enough to bare it...well, peace out.

What's interesting to me, is that I guarantee the opposite is true for men. Post a half naked pic of yourself and if you've got a "rocket bod" (tribute Cary Palmer) EVERY guy is going to contact that woman. Interesting and telling, no?

4 comments:

Tricia said...

In your effort to protect "tall_bm," you posted his card which contains his whole user name. But I give you an A for effort. Or perhaps you knew that...? Either way, nice job!

Shauri said...

Oh drat. I went to all that trouble to photoshop it out and then published the wrong one. Well, if it got Tricia to comment on my post, it was well worth the blunder. Problem now resolved. :)

Tricia said...

Just lookin' out for you Spin-ster sister!

emily said...

Ewww, his subject and message makes me want to vomit. What a sick-o! Hopefully you messaged him back and said you'd rather drop dead.

Hits

free hit counter account login link
Get a hit counter here.