Thursday, January 15, 2009

Buried Alive


I decided on Saturday I wanted one last beach day before heading back to winter. Mom, dad and I got ready (meaning mom and I put on swimsuits and dad put on his most casual full length jeans and t-shirt, as well as country appropriate head gear) packed up a picnic lunch and headed off to catch some rays.

After unpacking our stuff we realized it was pretty windy, but we ate our lunch, and then hunkered in for a nap. Dad was snoring soundly in about 5 minutes and I think I dozed off for a few minutes as well.



We had all covered our faces before sleeping to protect from the sun and the sand that was blowing in the wind, so with my eyes closed my hand started to feel around and I wondered if I had rolled off the blanket. It felt like I was sleeping in sand. I lifted my face covering and sat up to discover I was still on the blanket, but the blanket was fully buried in the sand. We were basically buried in a matter of 15-20 minutes. It didn’t seem to bother dad though— I guess when you’re fully dressed you don’t notice what you’re lying on as much.

1 comment:

EFN Newsletter said...

Nothing amuses me more than fully clothed dad at the beach. Well, maybe dad in a swimsuit amuses me a little more, but not much.

Hits

free hit counter account login link
Get a hit counter here.