Monday, January 5, 2009

My Humps, My lovely lady lumps

A couple days ago Garrett and I went to the Murray River with some people he had met at convention. There were a couple boats and some tubes and skis and boards to play with behind the boats. It was "heaps fun" as they say, although a little bit abusive to the body as they try to whip you around on the raft with two others until they shake you off. Needless to say, I'm having trouble lifting my arms over my head today without intense pain.

On the last ride and a particularly brutal fall I climbed up in to the boat and sat there for a minute trying to breathe when I suddenly heard Garrett's panicked voice, "Shauri! Shauri!" I looked at him and he was frantically signaling at his chest. I had no idea what he was talking about and finally glanced down at my chest to see one of my, well, "lady lumps" catching some air. Apparently the fall had ripped part of my suit to the side.

Garrett didn't see it--his friend sitting with him made him aware of the...problem. I was a bit embarrassed at first, but then it became pretty funny to me and even funnier when I realized how much more embarrassed Garrett was than I was to see his sister's lovely lady lump exposed. He just sat with his head bowed, snorting and making laughing noises, rolling his eyes and looking generally uncomfortable.

I offered my sincere apologies to his friend that witnessed the event, but he didn't seem to want to talk about it. Go figure.

3 comments:

Elizabeth Downie said...

Haha! You seriously crack me up! I would be way too mortified to post this kind of story on my blog. Poor Gar-bear. No offense to your bossums, but that is so embarrassing for a brother to see! Hilarious.

Kris said...

CRYING...that is the funniest story. I can only imagine the panic on Garretts face.

Misty said...

Oh my gosh! Seriously funny. As much as men like breasts, no brother wants to see his sisters'.

Hits

free hit counter account login link
Get a hit counter here.