Monday, January 26, 2009

Smitten


I saw this posted on my friend Elizabeth's blog and it was TOO good not to share with the world. You can and should check out her blog if you want to be entertained here.

For those of you who are married or in a relationship let me just say two words: Valentine's Day.

What gift could make your little shmoopie happier than this gem? Just think, the two of you really can be one all the time. You'll be "knit" together in love. Oh the joy of wordplay.



As it says in the ad, "they are specially designed so two people can hold hands in one mitten." Never let bulky gloves and other material come between you and your lover again! There's no reason to be apart ever again!!!

For those of us who don't have a sweetie-pie, it does put a bit of salt in the wound. Especially if you bought them when you did have someone to share it with and then he left and now you wear it with one little hand just hanging limply by a thread. Much like my dating life. Regardless - the cleverness of this product delights me.

So just know you saw it here first (and of course Elizabeth saw it before me - credit where due) and you still have time to order here before the big shopping rush in February.

3 comments:

Mindy said...

What I want to know is...when you order this lovely Siamese mitten, do you also get the matching ones for the opposite two hands? A three glove gift set... or are those sold separately? ☺

Anonymous said...

Andy hates Hallmark holidays and I am sure I can guess his reaction at this lovely item. I think I have to say yuck also.

Elizabeth Downie said...

To answer Mindy's question, yes, you do get three mittens - one each for your outside hands, and one for the hands in the middle. I wish I didn't know that.

Hits

free hit counter account login link
Get a hit counter here.