Friday, December 12, 2008

First Morning



Jet lag isn't horrible. I'm sleeping at night, just more nursing home hours than young person traveling the world hours. I fell asleep at 7:30pm last night. The good news is that means I woke up at 3:30 am, giving me enough time to be out on the beach for a 5:30am sunrise.

It's a nice idea that in December I can walk across the street at 5:30 in the morning and be warm watching the sun rise. Here are some pics.








My Hotel:




On the agenda today? Open air markets, Christmas shopping and if it gets sunny, the beach!

4 comments:

Garrett said...

I cannot wait to get there and continue my work on perfecting my aussie accent. I'm dreading this flight, but I can't wait to get there. Could be worse, i could be taking your route to Sidney. See you in a day or so!

Elizabeth Downie said...

I am so jealous!

Amy said...

I loved the mall (if that's what you call it) at the Queen Victoria Building. I stupidly left my memory card in Adelaide, and even more stupidly didn't think to just by a new one--but that's one place I wish I could have taken more photographs. I love the photo of the seagull.

Aly said...

great photos! i'm enjoying your sunrise vicariously. thanks!

Hits

free hit counter account login link
Get a hit counter here.