Friday, March 28, 2008

Gen IM?


I think there have been some generational misnomers. We've got Gen Y, and Gen X, and Gen I.M., but Gen I.M should really be more direct about what they are..Gen L.A.Z.Y.

I predict that in five years the condition receiving the most medical attention will be carpal tunnel syndrome. No one can talk to anyone anymore--all communication must be texted. I have had roommates who will be in the room next to me and txt me a question rather than come and ask it. And don't pretend you haven't done this...or something like it.

On the shuttle last night from the airport, while Fes was screaming "Marco! PoLLo!" That's right, the chicken, not the explorer, Coach started talking about him. He told us about how once Fes is in his hotel room, he only leaves for the game. Food must be delivered to him, etc..

One time coach went to tell Fes something and was pounding on his door getting no response. After a brief pause, he suddenly noticed that his phone was buzzing. He pulled it out and the message said, "I'm on my bed, who is it?"

These are the modern day challenges of a coach my friends. And the truly sad part--these people who don't have the energy to answer doors--these are our PROFESSIONAL ATHLETES. Think how this will begin to change the definition of couch potato.

4 comments:

Brent said...

Hi. I'm a friend of Kristen Allen's, and I just couldn't pass up this chance to comment on a very funny story. Great blog, lemme just say.

So, the hotel-room hermit must have sent out a mass text asking who was at the door...but I'm hoping he didn't.

I'm hoping he knew it was his coach at the door, knew which number to text, and still asked who it was. That would be awesome.

KA said...

You don't know how many times I have been reading in my bed while Jon is watching TV in the living room. And I sure do text him when I'm done reading so he can come pray with me and I can go to sleep.

Delsa said...

I think this whole thing is very sad. Where has communication gone to?

Shauri said...

He did in fact know it was the coach at the door because the coach was yelling at him to open it. Which does indeed make the question "Who is it?" Rather than "What do you want?" even more entertaining.

Hits

free hit counter account login link
Get a hit counter here.