Friday, March 28, 2008

Tall Personality


I learned a sad lesson today about my "tall personality," sometimes even with it, I'm just not tall enough.

For those of you who are not familiar with the tall personality theory it is simply this: when you have one, people think you are taller than you really are. People are always guessing that I am at least three inches taller than I really am. Some in my family insist it is because I always wear three inch heels, but they are wrong. I know they are wrong, because sometimes I am sitting down when people guess. See? Wrong.

I was traveling with the team yesterday to Boise so I could get some B-roll of what it's like to travel in the D-league, and when we landed in Boise I got off the plane first so I could film them coming off and my camera guy stayed on to capture from behind.

I was standing about 20 feet from where you get off the plane - right where the carpet meets the corridor you walk down to other exits. One of the first guys off the plane was our Ukrainian friend Fesenko. The 7'2" giant-man-child. I had said hello to two of our guys who already walked by,and I was looking directly at Fes. I started saying something to him about if he got a good nap or not and he just ignored me and walked by. I turned and said, "HEY!" He looked disoriented and turned around, looked around and then looked way, way down and his face brightened. "Oh, hello - I didn't see you there."

Wow. What a way to kill someone's height-esteem. Looks like my personality is going to have to grow even more. If possible.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shauri, in our neck of the woods we call that the "squeaky wheel" syndrome. It doesn't mean that you are perceived as taller, just more annoying.

(LOL)

Kris said...

Maybe you should try wearing the 3 inch heels along with your tall personality...it always seems to work for me. ( :

Delsa said...

I think you need to go to 4 inch heels. I'm sure that would make up the difference between you and the 7'2" player.

Kent and Emily Cook said...

Shauri... several years and a continent away, and you still make me laugh more than anyone I have ever met.

One Shining Moment is just days away... I hope your brackets were strong.

All the best from Emily and me.

Kent

Hits

free hit counter account login link
Get a hit counter here.