Friday, March 7, 2008

I'm a Pimp


And I mean that in the best possible way.

Yesterday, Garrett and I were at Banana Republic shopping for some clothes for him. I know..YAY!! (Little joke Gar-Bear.) Some of you may recall that A few weeks back I asked out a girl at church for him. They went out and had a lovely time, although she is clearly a little stupid since she hasn't pursued him like she should.

Fast-forward to yesterday. The girl in the dressing room was really nice, and pretty cute I thought. I decided "we" should ask her out too. I was about to do it while he was changing, but then thought I should at least check with him first. So I stopped walking toward her and ran back in to the dressing room, tapped on the door and whispered, "Hey...hey..do you think she's cute?"

Garrett started laughing and said yes. I ran back out and found her and asked the very smooth, non-revealing question, "Are you dating anyone?" No-not for me, for my brother. Kidding. Anyway, she agreed it would be delightful to go out with him and after some awkwardness on both sides, he walked away with another number in his pocket. Am I the BEST sister ever or what? Yeah - I'm a pimp, I just wish I got paid.

6 comments:

Delsa said...

You are a pimp and a great sister as well. So how many new outfits did Garrett get? I know you wouldn't be getting any.

Kris said...

Garrett must just LOVE you - who needs LDSLinkup when he has you for a sister. ( : Glad to hear that Banana proved to be so successful. Hopefully the clothes fit Garrett as well as the girl.

Arah Debra said...

Way to go Shauri! Good luck Garrett!

Jill said...

Hey! That's hilarious!! Good to hear from you! I'm back in DC now. Are you coming out for a visit soon, I hope?

Lisa said...

I love that your mom used the word "pimp!" Garrett must never want you to leave Provo!

virginiaoak said...

I work at Banana at Fashion Place and no one has ever tried to set me up with their brother. Looks like I've gotta work the dressing rooms a little more. Let me rephrase that...maybe "work it" in the dressing rooms a little more.

Hits

free hit counter account login link
Get a hit counter here.