Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Healthy, Delicious, and Simple


Home. Bistro. Dot.com. Three-ish words that may change your life. In just two days I feel they have changed mine.

Exhibit A: I like cooking, but not for one. After a busy day, or when I've waited so long to eat that I'm starving and can't bear to take the time to make a good meal, I usually pull out the crackers and cheese, or the cereal, or (let's be honest) the slab of chocolate, or some other substitute for real food.

Exhibit B: I'm also on a mission to dump the plump. For real this time. It doesn't help you do that by just munching on crackers and snacks or by eating huge meals filled with calories.

Exhibit C: I always wanted to try that awesome cooking/delivery service for zone dieters that all the celebrities in California were using, but it cost around 3K a month (or more) which I didn't really feel I could justify. I mean is it right to spend more on food than you do on rent? I had to say no.

(Cue the emotional music and begin to crescendo.) One day on Ellen, she gave her whole audience a couple weeks worth of HomeBistro.com meals. I was intrigued, I was hopeful, I googled, and I found...the answer to my prayers.

Ready made meals that you could cook in less than 20 minutes that were fully balanced, low calorie/low fat/low carb options, and looked like they would taste quite delicious- that is if photos can be believed. Oh--and cost. I got a weeks worth of meals for 80 dollars. That included shipping. HELLO.

So tonight I had my first meal - Raspberry chicken glaze, with wheat couscous, and beans:


Granted, it's only been one meal so far--but it FAR exceeded my expectations. It was delicious, simple and guilt free. This is my official stamp of approval - give Home Bistro a try, and see your life change too.

2 comments:

Delsa said...

Remind me of this when I get home. I think the shipping would be too expensive to Australia, but let me tell you I could use it.

EFN Newsletter said...

I'm waiting for you to try a whole bunch and tell me what your favorites are.

Hits

free hit counter account login link
Get a hit counter here.