Friday, June 20, 2008

The Lovely Anne Rice

I am in the world of stay-at-home workers. It's a lot like a stay-at-home mom, but without the kids. Why did I write that?

As I was saying I work remotely and have recently started utilizing the magical tool we call instant messaging, and video chats. It's a lovely way to stay connected.

Problem is, I'm working East Coast time in a Mountain West world. Which means this: I roll out of bed--no---that's not accurate. I pick my computer up from the floor by my bed and start working and don't get out of my pajamas, or wash the grease off my face or run a comb through my nappy-weave (I just wanted to say that cause it's sweet) until, oh, 5pm or so. The problem with this is that when someone wants to video-chat...I'm not thinking I should hurt them in that way. Ask Ed - I rejected like 10 kajillion chats with him.

I came up with a solution.



Yup, an awesome wig which will serve as a disguise for my greasy, uncombed-do. I'm just putting this out there for all you people at Root who may be wanting to chat. I don't want you to be startled when I answer and you think you're talking to (This was Brian's interpretation) Anne Rice. Thanks.

3 comments:

Delsa said...

A black wig no less and it almost looks like the face is a mask. Maybe it's because your ears look pointed- a throw back to Spock???

KA said...

This is a fantastic idea! And I think your wig is the same one Cate Blanchett wears in Indiana Jones.

xóchitl said...

hilarious. although you do look a lot like a femme fatale not to be trusted. "i don't...trust you."

Hits

free hit counter account login link
Get a hit counter here.