Monday, June 2, 2008

I spoke to soon

Just when I thought traveling couldn't be any slower I got a smack in the face. "Yo, travel girl (this is the God of travel talking in case it isn't obvious) you think you're so smart, you think you know slow? Try this on for size!" And bam. Worst travel day ever.

Travis and I left for the airport at 10 am on Saturday and got there only to find out that our flight had been cancelled. Would have been nice to know. Our lovely and adept customer service lady told us she would make everything right and re-booked us through Atlanta to SLC. She said it was just a short stop. I'm curious what she thinks a long stop is since we later discovered our short stop was 4 1/2 hours.

Travis and I had big plans to spend that 4 1/2 hours seeing a movie in Atlanta, but discovered it would cost us 80 bucks in taxi fare to get there and back and after a serious brain summit decided that "Baby Mama" might not be a 90 buck movie. We hung out in Delta's Crown Room instead, which let me tell you...G-H-E-T-T-O. Do not sign up for this awesome deal unless you think the money you invest will be covered in all your drinks.

Travis and I paid to get in and they wanted to charge us for two people until the guy accidentally called me a "He" and then I made him feel so bad he let us in two for the price of one. I'm still not sure that covered my emotional damage, and was clear it didn't once I saw how pathetic their room was. NWA definitely has a nicer set up. And that is probably the nicest thing I will ever say about NWA.

Anyway, to make a long story short, we arrived in SLC at 12:15am and got home to Provo at 1:30 am. A mere 15 1/2 hours later. I won't mention that's how long the straight shot from LA to Australia is...but it is.

1 comment:

Delsa said...

I knew you had chosen the wrong vacation spot and now this proves it.
Glad you are back to blogging- I really missed you this last week. I don't think a vacation means "no blogging" it means "share the fun".

Hits

free hit counter account login link
Get a hit counter here.