Wednesday, December 5, 2007

The Flash Lose

It was too good to be true---2 games in a row, well it was time to end that robust streak.

I have to say, the Flash are doing a MUCH better job of managing and operating their team than any other team in the league I've seen. There was literally no more than 35-50 people in that Anaheim arena tonight. It was dead silent at times. Bizarre. When you compare it to 3,000 at Utah and all rowdy, obnoxious fans, it's a pretty stark difference. Which makes for an interesting angle in the documentary -- what it takes to get fans and how that impacts the players.

I tried to interview Gabe Pruitt's dad (the Celtic player) at the game, but he wasn't having it. Apparently he was too busy trying to get Brandt to go down to the locker room and give his son messages about changing his sneakers to the right brand. Of course Brandt was NOT having that, so he told daddy-o, "I'm not a messenger boy, I'm the owner of this team." Hello, and check-mate. Gabe's not winning any points with dad's help.

The exciting news is that Danny Ainge is slated to come out to Fri/Sat's games this week to watch his players and I'm planning to grab some time to both interview him and tell him about the Celtic parties I used to throw where I decorated cupcakes in green and white with each player's number. I think he can't fail to be impressed by that.

I did forget to mention why I suck at driving in my last blog. That is because I was trying to straighten my car in Travis and Garrett's garage and I accidentally ran in to the metal thing-y that makes the door go up and down. Garrett and I were frantically trying to fix it before Travis got home, cause we knew once he saw the damage we would be spanked and grounded for life. Sadly, we were just one last blow away with the wrench to fixing it when Travis pulled in. He was very, very disappointed in us and even though we fixed it, I'm not sure if he will ever be able to look at me the same. I tried to explain that it's not my fault, I just suck at driving and it's so great that I can own that....he didn't get it. It was like I was talking to a rock. I thought it was a great explanation. Anyway, big thanks to garrett for using a wrench to weld the door thing-y back together. I think we found his career...

6 comments:

EFN Newsletter said...

I'll tell you who I would not want as my dad if I were an irresponsible teenager. Travis.

EFN Newsletter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
EFN Newsletter said...

I'll tell you who I would not want as my dad if I were an irresponsible teenager. Travis.

Shauri said...

I Believe you - since you felt strong enough about it to write it thrice!!!

Delsa said...

That garage driving expertise reminds me of the bent freezer door in our garage that someone ran into, and the torn up pieces on the side of the garage. Maybe you were just not meant to drive into garages - I'm sure you do fine everywhere else.
I also didn't know Garrett was so handy with the tools. Maybe he can spend a few days with Elder Smith (our housing co-ordinater) while he is here- He spends alot of time fixing up the holes in the walls, the broken off soap dishes in the tubs, the bent window screens pulled out because keys keep getting left if flats and etc. I'll let E.S. know his handy helper is one the way.
Kristin - I guess you felt pretty strongly about getting that message across -- think Travis got it???

Delsa said...

Sorry I didn't read Shauri's first or I wouldn't have repeated her sentiment.

Hits

free hit counter account login link
Get a hit counter here.