Sunday, December 2, 2007

Who Wore it Best?


For those of you who read (or will admit to reading) US magazine, this title will require no explanation. For those of you who don't, here's the quick-ee rundown. US magazine finds women who are wearing the same outfit, snaps a pic, and then posts them together in the magazine asking the fans, "Who wore it best?" It's aswesome because it takes a situation where a woman is already embarassed or uncomfortable because she's wearing the same outfit as someone else, and then finds a deliciously evil way to make her feel even more self-conscious. Hey, take a look at this other woman wearing the same outfit and wonder if everyone thinks she looks BETTER than you in your twinner outfit.

Here's a link to the real one if you want to see how it works:
http://usmagazine.com/who_wore_it_best?id=63

So last night was Heather Fortuna's wedding. All was happily sailing along until Wallace leaned over to me and said, "That girl is wearing the SAME outfit as you!" But it got worse, this girl's BFF walked by after her and was wearing another twinner dress! Wallace and Jamie were cracking up and thinking it was embarassing for me, but they have no idea of the power of the blog and how it has liberated me. I embraced the US magazine tradition on its face and said, "This is great! New blog material! Come on and take a picture of me with these girls so I can post it and find out who you the readers think "Wore it Best."

I got Jamie to come with me and round up the girls for a photo, and it was hilarious because once people saw us together posing for Jamie a big crowd gathered around and soon EVERYONE was taking pictures. Everyone loves Twins...or Triplets in this case. The lesson people? An embarassing moment handled confidently can become a celebrity moment. Just make sure it's not a Britney moment.

So now it's your turn to speak. Who wore it best? (Vote at top left of page)

8 comments:

Delsa said...

THere's not doubt in my mind. Even your Dad voted for you

EFN Newsletter said...

You look fabulosa.

EFN Newsletter said...

Isn't it funny how we walk through life now thinking, how would I blog about this situation?

Shauri said...

Well, if I won over my own dad...I'm in business! ;)

Lisa said...

If I'm being honest, I like the brown dress best because you know I'm a brown girl. But you look the hottest!

Shauri said...

Lisa, all we can ask from you is honesty. You don't have to cushion your blow with this "hottest" nonsense. Just vote your conscience.

xóchitl said...

i liked it so much better, i'm gonna try and vote for you twice. TWICE! i'm so nice.

Kris said...

I'm still trying to recover from the laughter. Thank you for documenting this priceless situation - YOU definitely wore it best, hands down.

Hits

free hit counter account login link
Get a hit counter here.