Thursday, December 20, 2007

PMS - The cruelest joke

I am angry. Angry that I have no idea what I'm angry at.

It's a good thing I live alone, because I'm quite sure that if anyone else was in the house right now they would wish they weren't. And how do you think that makes me feel? That's right, horribly sad. Which is ridiculous right? I mean why am I sad that I'm angry and I don't know why, but I do know that I would hurt someone if they were here? That's frustrating.

And you know what else? I guarantee that after I took out my anger on an unwilling suspect and then started crying because I felt so bad, that it would only be moments later that I would be laughing hysterically through my tears at how ridiculous the whole situation was. Which wouldn't make me angry again, but the cramps that would probably start kicking in around that time would. Yup, I'd be angry again that there was a knife-like pain in my abdomen. I mean where's the justice in 5 days of pain every month? It wasn't enough to be an emotional basket case?

So that's it. PMS is the cruelest of all jokes, and it's played only on women. What, oh what, did we do to deserve this? Did a woman make God angry as he was thinking through the whole creation thing? I actually hope I never find out the answer to that, because it would probably make me angry. And so we come full-circle.

P.S. I yelled at Ed because he had the audacity to come in one of my internal meetings today. Here's why I was mad: he didn't tell me why he was there. Can YOU IMAGINE?? I snapped "WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?" and almost bit his head off. It might not sound like much to you, but that's because you don't have what I have.

8 comments:

Kris said...

Sounds like you need a PMS therapist to get all that anger out. From what I hear, documentation is the first step to healing. The second step is a full hysterectomy (which currently isn't an option...Delsa clearly needs more grandchildren).

Carrie said...

As an unwilling suspect, I must confess that men truly are the victims of the mysterious PMS. Contrary to belief, we do not laugh at the cruelest joke, mainly because we are too busy getting chewed out for walking into a room and saying, "hi!" I realize this comment will cost me valuable gout sympathy points from Shauri's loyal subjects, but my tears (after getting my head ripped off) are no less wet then hers.

richb said...

Ed and Shauri, your exchanges appear to be the Root equivalent of what Jerry's's parents on Seinfeld were like.
I can sense the deep affection through it all....

Aly said...

Sympathy from me. I have a really great Dr. that you should definitely see while you're here.

Brian Donovan said...

As an innocent bystander I will vouch for Shauri. Ed's "Hi!" was pretty vicious. So vicious, in fact, that when Shauri demanded I tell her what he was doing in the meeting I stammered my way through a nervous, half-baked explanation. It's tough being the "Jerry" between Morty and Helen.

Lisa said...

Um, right there with you. Maybe we shouldn't see each other for a few days. Unless...you have an enemy you really want to get back at and then we could get together and gang up on them! Let me know.

Delsa said...

Oh, Shauri, will it never end? Poor Ed, I don't even know the man, but having been on the other end of the anger before, I have great sympathy. Oh, I just remembered, though it is now far removed, I probably caused a few other unwitting suspects some grief.

Gary Magenta said...

I do not suffer from PMS; I do suffer from ADS (angry dieter’s syndrome)! I am once again on the "food wagon" and happy to report that after 5 weeks I am down a full pant size but a ways a way from flaunting my Speedo. Anyway, I notice that when I am dieting I can get ADS; it starts with a cold sweat followed by a rumble of the stomach and then a short fuse that can be set off very quickly. Not as quickly as being subject to one of Ed's endless rhetoric’s but pretty quick nonetheless.

ADS is more common than you might think and I for one am hoping that men and women everywhere will vote for the presidential candidate who will commit the dollars necessary to cure ADS once and for all.

Hits

free hit counter account login link
Get a hit counter here.