Saturday, December 22, 2007

Waiting for the other Shoe to Drop

After being on the road for a week and a half, I got back to my Flash friends and filming last night. I didn't think I was gone that long, but I got comments from everyone asking where I was and why I hadn't been filming, and how they thought I wasn't doing the film anymore. You'd think I was gone for a month and not a week. I'm not sure if everyone was just missing me and worried I wasn't returning, or if they were relieved not to have a camera in their faces anymore and hopeful that the pain was over at last. I'm going to pretend it was the first, everyone wants to be a star!

While I was gone the team put together a little surprise for Travis & I to thank us for cooking Thanksgiving dinner for them:


It's a size 18 Jazz shoe that the whole team signed. And more importantly, it's a perfect fit. I thought it was a really sweet thing to do, and it almost made up for the deathly silent day of thanks. In fact, I've been getting some hints to cook a little Christmas dinner too....I was thinking definitely not...but now I'm not so sure. I mean I can't wear this shoe out without it's match. I guess I can handle silence one more day...but no sweet potato pie.


And P.S. Another exciting overtime win last night for the Flash. Shawn got his first taste of the joy. I'm starting to track two fans that are especially entertaining and die-hard. More to come on them in the next post.

2 comments:

Delsa said...

This is great! When you write that early in the morning I'm the first to read it. I loved that, what a thoughtful gesture on the part of the silent ones. However, it definitely sounds like a hint. Can't you get Debbie and Steve to invite them as well. I assume you will end up with them on Christmas. What say Debbie? I'm sure you like silence and huge bodies.

Kris said...

I say keep the gestures going...eventually you might end up with a pair of gigantic shoes AND a uniform if you play your cards right. Besides, you might be able to get the silent ones to play a rousing game of Charades after dinner.

Hits

free hit counter account login link
Get a hit counter here.