Sunday, February 24, 2008

Equal Opporunity Spa-ing

****Don't let the title scare you Brian, this blog will not mention breasts, and it is safe for Root consumption.

Last night was just an average Saturday night with your little brother. I came home from the airport around 8:30 or 9:00, and started cleaning and organizing and trying to get my life back in some semblance of order after a couple weeks on the road.

I had considered going out, but after about two seconds of thought decided I was definitely not feeling it and that a nice d.i.y. spa night sounded better. Shortly after aplying my Astra age-defying mask, Garrett walked through my door, saw my face and froze in his tracks - mouth agape. He was perhaps a bit scared, then amused, and finally exhilarated to find out what night it was at Casa de Quinn. He immediately insisted on joining the fun.



As you can see we both look pretty amazing in blue. It's especially complimentary to Garrett's stunning blue eyes.

In a nutshell, the night proceeded like so:
1. We carefully applied our masks, while giggling like school-girls
2. We caught up on our girl talk about relationships and who had been most recently rejected, and why games are stupid.
3. By the time we were caught up it was time to remove our masks and apply some moisturizer. Garrett was nervous about the eye cream, but finally acquiesced, and I think recognized the value.
4. We topped off the evening with the classic, "When Harry Met Sally" and a rousing game of scrabble.

It was truly a night to remember and one of my most enjoyable Saturday nights to date.

Two important informational afterthoughts:

1. Who needs sisters when you've got a brother like this?

2. Garrett told me when I picked him for church this morning that his skin has never felt better.

7 comments:

EFN Newsletter said...

Does this mean I'm being replaced?

Shauri said...

only in Provo.

Shauri said...

and only when he agrees to spa nights.

Lisa said...

What do you mean "who needs sisters??" Offensive! I have to say though Garrett isn't a bad sub when you need one!

Kris said...

I think you've struck a nerve...the only thing that can make this situation right is a Bob intervention. ( :

On another note - I'm wondering where the after shot is of Garrett & his clearly rejuvinated skin. (Reminds me of your birthday in DC when we all gave you a facial etc. Now THAT was funny). I need to dig out some pics.

Delsa said...

I can't imagine a better evening. I'm glad Garrett has finally experienced what good time is.

Aly said...

You're quite the evangelist for self-pampering. First Kristin with the massage, and now Garret with the facial... impressive.

Hits

free hit counter account login link
Get a hit counter here.