Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Frozen Delight


I love frozen bananas. When dipped in chocolate. I wish I loved plain frozen bananas because then I would be skinnier, but the fact is, the chocolate adds a LOT.

The good news is, I read an article in a magazine on the plane that this is a healthy snack, SO...for those of you interested in a healthy AND delicious snack, they're super easy to make.

Buy dark chocolate, melt in microwave, take banana and jam a popsicle stick up it, dip in chocolate, sprinkle on some nuts and freeze. Easy peasy lemon squeezy. Only 160 calories and 4 grams of fat. And if you use dark chocolate it's good for your heart.

I suggest you make them tonight and then tomorrow you can have just as big a smile on your face as I did today while I enjoyed my super nutritious chocolate treat. (They can also double as swords if you enjoy the occasional sword fight.)

13 comments:

KA said...

Oh how I wish I loved a banana. I have tried, unsuccessfully, my entire life to overcome the fact that my mother fed them to me all day, every day, for the first 2 years of my existence. I had some troubles, as you can see, and this was how the doctor and my mother coordinated to fix them. It didn't work.

Lisa said...

We had chocolate dipped frozen bananas at least every other week with school lunch...sick!

Kris said...

It's a shame that dislike bananas so much. On the flip side, I LOVE dark chocolate, so maybe I'll just freeze a little of that on a stick and focus on keeping my heart healthy. ( :

Delsa said...

What do you do with the jam?

Shauri said...

The jam? What are you talking about?

I can't believe how many people hate bananas---people. You're missing out.

Aly said...

I'm with you on this yummy treat. I actually love bananas but have a small allergy to them... the inside of my mouth swells a little when I eat them. Yes, I still eat a bite every now and then. That's me...livin'on the edge.

Lisa said...

LOL! What the heck is your mom talking about??

Kris said...

Jam goes well with every delicious frozen treat, doesn't it? I've got your back Delsa. I'm sure Shauri left out a critical ingredient.

Carolyn Hansen said...

How can so many people not like bananas? I am totally going to make these. Do you think the bananas should be a little green or does it not matter?

Shauri said...

Carolyn--
Finally some banana love! ;)
I used bananas that had a little green at the top, but were definitely ripe. The only concern with too ripe is that they would be too soft to support the stick and dipping I think.

Robin said...

Well, I guess I am the only one that really has Delsa's back. I read the blog posting to say that you included jam as an ingredient as well. When you read the list, it looks like you just forgot to put a comma after jam. But I went back and read it, and you meant push (jam) the stick into the banana. I have a funny story about frozen bananas...it involves my dad being super mad at our hotel when we were in Hawaii..but it is too long to tell here!

Robin said...

P.S. I had to laugh at your comment on my blog Shauri. I guess I would say, Happy April Fool's early! I promise to let you know when it is my child that will be posted on my blog!

DTR said...

If you're Mormon, male, and lived in Ann Arbor around 1999-2000, you may recall a Stake Priesthood Meeting featuring Tom Nielsen, bananas, liquid nitrogen, and drywall nails. That's what comes to mind for me now when I hear "frozen banana."

Hits

free hit counter account login link
Get a hit counter here.