Saturday, February 16, 2008

Viva Las Vegas!


Valentines Day. The day of romance, flowers, and chocolates. Or in my case, slot machines, buffets, and Elvis.

I was thrilled to discover that this Valentine's Day I would not be alone. Nay, I would be in Las Vegas working with Taco Bell. Some of you may consider this a disappointing way to spend the day, but you would be people who actually HAVE a valentine.

I for one, relished the idea of spending the day in a place where time, date and normal life don't exist. A place where people have a glazed look and a sore arm from spending 24 hours sitting at the same slot machine just pulling, pulling, pulling. People who know what love really means. I kid.

My dream for Valentine's was to go with Heather (also there for Taco Bell) to a little chapel 'o love and just wait until I saw just the right (and appropriately drunk enough) guy to enter with me and seal the deal. With Elvis presiding naturally. You know to add a spiritual element.

Sadly, the blessed event didn't take place, but in it's place Heather and I went to see Wayne Brady perform. Not Wayne Newton, much better. His show is singing, dancing and all kinds of improv in an intimate little theater. He's so talented and funny. He had people in the audience come up on stage and take part in the improv. I think one of my favorite parts had to be when one particularly drunk woman came up to participate and he had her and the other 3 people on stage acting out the story he told. This woman was a ring. Like on your finger. I'm not sure how she interpreted this, but every time he said ring she threw herself on the floor and curled up in a fetal position rolling back and forward ever so slowly and seductively...for a REALLY long time. Just rolling back and forth with a peaceful look on her face. Wayne just stopped and stared at her. Dumbfounded. As we all did. Anyway, he was really funny, and I think I am in love with him. I wanted to invite him to the chapel 'o love, but for some reason his security guards didn't want me to ask. Whatever.

The important point here is that I never once thought about it being Valentine's Day and wondering where my Valentine was. I had Heather, Wayne and a bunch of really crazy drunk people. Best Valentine's Day ever.

6 comments:

KA said...

I am in love with Wayne Brady too. Not even kidding.

Delsa said...

You do find yourself in the most interesting places.

EFN Newsletter said...

Did you used to watch "Whose Line is it Anyway?" He was my favorite on that show. He's so smart. I'm really jealous you got to see him live.

Kris said...

Amen Kristin! I feel exactly the same way about Wayne.

Shauri, I'm bummed that you weren't able to seal the deal with him - other than the fact that he's already married, you would've been a brilliant comedic pair.

Shauri said...

Au Contraire my friend--our beloved Wayne is newly divorced and ripe for the plucking.

Kris said...

RECENTLY DIVORCED - what was that woman thinking? and what are you waiting for?

Hits

free hit counter account login link
Get a hit counter here.