Monday, February 25, 2008

Just Another Manic Monday

My basement apartment flooded last night and I am surrounded by VERY loud, industrial fans today drying my carpet. My internet connection broke leaving me helpless to communicate online about my projects. My blackberry kept telling all the people calling me that it wasn't accepting calls. My hard drive that crashed is not doing what it needs to do or recognizing files I need. And of course a BIG deadline is looming. Oh and my kitchen light is dangling from a wire - it fell out of the ceiling for some unknown reason. I expect it will top off my day by falling on my head at some unsuspecting moment.

I've never related to the Bangles so much before, and really wished that I was "kissing Valentino by a crystal blue italian stream." I'm not sure those are the words, but it's definitely not "a crystal brewed italian stream" which I thought, and sang, for a long time.

So here's the thing--sometimes you just have "A Day." And when you do, you just get through as best you can and keep telling yourself the wise words of Scarlett O'Hara, "My life is over. Nothing will ever happen to me again." Wait. Wrong quote: "After all... tomorrow is another day." Yes, that's it.
At any rate, in the midst of all this turmoil, which really doesn't even feel half as bad now that I've written it down, one good thing has happened. Kristin gave me the gift of blog re-design for my birthday, and Carly - world renowned blog designer - has finished my personal blog. Which none of you can see...However, I will share the joy of the design with you, along with my regret that you can't read what is on the real thing. Here is the header. Isn't it awesome? You probably can't see because it's kind of small, but it has little images of family and friends in the hanging balls.



I heart my blogs. Get excited and stay tuned as the construction efforts on this blog begin. Soon it will fill all your senses (minus taste I hope) and not just your heart. I kid.

And if today really is one of those days, that hanging light WILL fall on my head and I will blog about it for you tomorrow, since I was informed that most people who read my blogs just like to read about me getting hurt and falling. Well, I aim to please.

5 comments:

Kris said...

It's not about you getting hurt...but for some reason, falling is always entertaining. ( : Sorry to hear you're having "a day", hope tomorrow is better.

Delsa said...

You sound pretty upbeat for all of those problems. What must mean you have mastered the Active State. Congratulations

jamie said...

love the blog header. It's adorable. And way to overcome a "manic" monday for sure. Hope all is well today and it's a just a plain jane day for ya! :)

Robin said...

Well, the only reason we would love to read about you falling and perhaps getting hurt, is only because you have such a great way of expressing yourself and bringing the comic relief into everything. We would only be laughing at the way you described the story, not really the fact that you were hurt! We have to know the bad to know the good right? Opposition in all things... now you can just look forward to the good day that will oppose the bad day you just had. xoxo

Aly said...

I love that you openly admit singing the wrong lyrics... I don't know exactly why it is so funny to me. I remember Val and I getting into a pretty good fight over the lyrics of the B-52's "Love Shack." We didn't have Google back then, but it turns out we were both wrong.

To cheer you up, I found the lyrics of that verse for you (and btw you're right):

Six o'clock already
I was just in the middle of a dream
I was kissin' Valentino
By a crystal blue Italian stream
But I can't be late
'Cause then I guess I just won't get paid
These are the days
When you wish your bed was already made

Hits

free hit counter account login link
Get a hit counter here.