Friday, February 1, 2008

I am a lunch conversation


Well needless to say, I'm simply thrilled by the overwhelmingly long, and clearly well-thought out responses I've gotten to my two political blogs. Regardless of who you like, it's clear that people care, so I say - God Bless You and God Bless America. With that said, let's just hope someone gets in who will ensure God continues to bless America since I believe He helps those who help themselves.
And that person is not McCain. Sorry, I couldn't resist.

I was thrilled to finally find a way to get my brother in law Abram to chime in on my blog because I miss his clever wit and sharp political mind, so I will be sure to continue with the occasional political update as a way to bless myself and all of you with his presence. Albeit, virtual.

One more day to vote for your presidential favorite on here, but I'm not surprised to see Romney as the clear-cut favorite. When I told someone (Len perhaps?) at work that Romney was running away with the votes he replied, "What do you expect, you have a bunch of Mormons reading your blog." He may be right, but I happen to know from the following story that not JUST Mormons are present here--the others are just withholding their vote, and their comments. Don't be shy people - there is no religious requirement for participation here. (But if you would include your home address with any comments I'll be sure to send the missionaries right over for a chat. Except for Ed of course.)

And now for the story I teased and tantalized you with just sentences ago. I arrived in the Root office on Thursday morning to be greeted by a co-worker - Brian. He leaned in to me and said, "Hey, a bunch of us were at lunch yesterday and Todd sort of casually started the conversation with, 'So, what do you guys think about Jimmy?'"

Huh? It took ME a minute to even understand what he was talking about and who Jimmy was. Then suddenly..Light...and I realized that my co-workers were (somewhat) intimately acquainted with my dating life, and just my life in general, and were discussing it at lunch. And all this without a (verbal) peep from me.

You may be thinking, "Is this lady a complete dolt? Of course they know...She's publishing her life on the WORLD WIDE WEB!!"

Right. So of course I get that, but still, you forget, or maybe you (and by you I really mean I) just don't totally get it until someone thousands of miles away catches you off guard with, "So we were talking about Jimmy at lunch..."

As a side note, Brian also asked me to start labeling my posts with "NFRC" - Not For Root Consumption when I posted material that he could not read without creating unnecessary mental images. Apparently when he was oh so casually reading my spa post, he suddenly came to the part about my...you know what..(I don't want to write NFRC here) and the sugar scrubbing Korean lady, and was frantically trying to hit quit before it was burned in his brain. Too late. He will now see my alleged perfect b-----s forever in his mind. My apologies Brian.

I'll try to remember this. From now on if you see in the title the NFRC rating you, the Root reader, will have to make the choice...and decide if you are ready for this jelly. I don't even know what that means, but I hope to ask Beyonce one day.

3 comments:

Delsa said...

Sometimes I read your blog and I think- this lady is crazy. Are you?

Kris said...

No Delsa, she's not crazy - just very unique...that's why I love her so much. ( :

beliquits said...

Don't say you didn't see it coming! You work with a group that, at conception, was known as "e". We are collectively, by our very definition, computer nerds.

That, and we miss having you in the office every day so reading your blog is a good way to get our dose of Daily Squinn.

Hits

free hit counter account login link
Get a hit counter here.