Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Beware..this is kind of serious

I try to not write anything too serious here...but I want to tonight. Sometimes you just have to take it there. To that serious place, I mean.

Coach Fisher & Mark were in town tonight with San Diego State basketball, and they gave Travis tickets for the game on the front row if he wanted to go. He was kind enough to give me a ticket and I drove to meet him.

Now it gets serious. Travis had already gone in to the game and left my ticket at will call. I was rushing to try to get to the seats before it started and I was wearing high heels. I was sort of running in a really awkward, I'm wearing ridiculous shoes kind of way, when all of a sudden....that's right...once again...WOMAN DOWN!

No offense to the short bus, but I don't think they would even let me on. Here's the best part, Not only did I fall flat, smack on my back in the middle of a huge crowd, but I also managed--and don't ask me how-- to get the heel of my right shoe caught on the hem of the back of my coat. Note: It's not a full length coat. My right leg was bent backwards at a right angle, and my foot was attached to the back of my coat, somewhere near my buttocks.

I heard a man as if from a far off distance saying, "Aaaarrrreee yoooouuuu ooookkkk Misssss??"

I just looked up at him confused, wondering how he could possibly ask such a ridiculous question. Had he perhaps met another human pretzel that was ok? Did he think someone who had their leg shoved all the way up their back maybe meant to do that? "Aw shucks, I'm fine Mr. I meant to fall like a fool and lay here with my leg behind my head. No worries, just carry on about your hot dog buying business. I"m going to stretch a little longer and then maybe I'll check out the game."

I did lay there for a while laughing in my pretzel state to the surprise of many passer-bys. I mean, what else can you do but enjoy you're own absurdity?

I'm a mess. And people...that is serious.

7 comments:

EFN Newsletter said...

Oh man, thank you for a good hearty laugh. I wish I wish I had been there. I think it's time you start relying more on your tall personality and less on your tall shoes :)

Kris said...

Wow - I've got tears from that one...why do I always have to miss these amazing Shauri moments?

Shauri said...

Well...I always think of you when I go down sister. Just suddenly disappearing from sight behind the clothing racks. Talk about tears...

Aly said...

I'm so happy you've lived to tell the tale of another dramatic spill. I'm sorry for your pain - physical or any bruises to your ego... but I'm glad you're willing to share for the sake of a good laugh.

Lisa said...

I mean how many spills can one person take?!

xóchitl said...

poor shauri. i want to get you a walker with little tennis balls on the bottom to keep it from slipping.

Delsa said...

Thank goodness for Xochitl- I found no sympathy in any other comments. Though if I'm totally honest I'm glad they happen for I'm having a hard time getting my 400 laughs in a day and you really help. I laugh when I read and then I laugh about 10 other times when i envision it during the day.

Hits

free hit counter account login link
Get a hit counter here.