Wednesday, January 9, 2008

What are the deal breakers?

Lately the people who have wanted to set me up have tended to follow a certain pattern. First they tell me how great he is and then they ease in to the laundry list of potential deal-breakers.

A girl that Travis' roommate was dating met me and wanted to set me up with a "great guy." Once I agreed some other facts were pulled in to the casual conversation like, "is it ok if he's divorced?" Sure. You like sports, oh that's great, great. By the way, is it ok if he was divorced twice? We generally keep talking and more and more details tend to surface. Things like, well - maybe he was in jail once. Or, sure I guess he knocked his wife up. Maybe he can't have kids or doesn't want to anymore. Maybe he's never had a real job. Or he wants to live in Provo and go to a singles ward for the next 20 years. What about if he only eats berries? I don't know. I am in new, and slightly troubled waters here. Looking for you all to weigh in.

What are the deal-breakers? Or are there any?

3 comments:

Kris said...

Why did the snippy or not to snippy entry go away? I had such a good laugh at that & it was gone before I could comment.

Clear cut deal breakers would be things like: missing 3/4 of his own chompers, currently on parole, chronic halitosis or b.o., going through a sex change, undergoing an obvious hair plug treatment, etc.

Other than the obvious NO's, I'd say you have a pretty good idea of what is or isn't acceptable in a mate. Trust your instincts.

f*bomb. said...

If he only eats berries. For sure. Can you even imagine the amount of indigestion that man struggles with? ick.

Robin said...

Although I agree 100% with kris, I would add, if he were related to Dwight or believed that he lived the life of the main character of a science fiction movie, if he ever worked on the corner as the Jamba Juice fruit that dances like a goon trying to attract you to the store, these could be potential deal breakers as well.

Hits

free hit counter account login link
Get a hit counter here.