Sunday, January 27, 2008

Home Sweet Bridge


Ok---I recently did this with one of Lisa's posts, but I have to publish another hilarious niece story from my sister in law Amy's blog. It's too priceless not to share with those of you who don't know her or stalk her blog.

Apparently they had some people from our church over at their home sharing a message and the topic of bridges came up. They asked what the kids knew about bridges. One question they asked was what bridges are for. Both if them came up with some solid answers (getting over a lake, etc), but Katie, with a flash of inspiration, said, "I know! They are so poor people have a place to sleep!"
I'm glad to know Katie is looking out for others.

This is sheer brilliance and so obvious, you're probably wondering how you missed it.

It actually reminds me of one night when my roommates were driving around DC and they passed a homeless man on a bench. One of the girls, said in a sympathetic tone, "Oh look - it's like, a homeless man." The "activist" and obviously more literal roommate, turned to her angrily and shouted, "He's not 'like' homeless! He IS homeless!"

We all sat in stunned silence, mouths gaping, before completely collapsing in laughter. The interesting thing is, he was sleeping right next to a bridge, and not on or under it which may be why my roommate thought he was only, "like a homeless man." She probably had the same lesson as Katie when she was a kid.

1 comment:

Kris said...

I love the story - but I can't help but comment on how much I love that homeless man's sign. Kung Fu lessons to fight the ninjas...creativity like that should draw in some serious coin.

Hits

free hit counter account login link
Get a hit counter here.