Thursday, January 17, 2008

The Kitchen Sucks

One more straight out of Boise.

Yesterday I went to lunch at a local restaraunt. We ordered an appetizer and salads. After about 45 minutes of not getting the appetizer we decided to ask what was up. As I turned to head up to the front, we heard another customer asking the waitress where their food was. This was her timeless and customer service based response:

"Sorry. Unfortunately the kitchen sucks today. They hate me and they won't give me the food. I wish I could help."

We all stared at her in shock. It was in that moment that I realized we were not going to be seeing our food anytime soon. I mean there's simply no remedy for a kitchen that sucks.

3 comments:

Kris said...

No wonder the kitchen hates her - she's openly telling the customers that they suck. / : I'm surprised anyone EVER gets their food there (or eats it when it arrives...you never know what the kitchen staff will do).

Aly said...

My college roommates worked as servers in restaurants. They'd come home with all kinds of stories and I was surprised to learn how much they flirted with and brown-nosed the cooks so they would get their food faster and get better tips.

Lisa said...

Shauri, I'm disappointed that you didn't walk back to that kitchen and work your magic!

Hits

free hit counter account login link
Get a hit counter here.