Tuesday, July 1, 2008

FAA - Food Addicts Annonymous

You know what sucks?

You can't lose weight unless you cut down the food you eat and you exercise. This is not a joke. And yes, it sucks, but what really, really, really sucks is the fact that I am just now - in my third decade of life mind you - just barely coming to terms with this fact. Maybe even accepting it.


I have spent many a year searching for the way that I could be thin and fit without doing those dirty words mentioned above. In vain. I've jumped on every new diet bandwagon (well, mostly - or at least studied them with reckless abandon) that came along. I'll be the first to read up on any new miracle drug or treatment. The billboard that promises to remove all your cellulite in one visit to the dr. - heck yeah - looked up that site online. That dove lotion that gets rid of cellulite? In my medicine chest. The miracle ab-roller - check. I mean put the words miracle and weight loss by any product and I'll snap it up. As long as I don't have to stop eating or lift a finger to expend any energy - hey, I'm in!

Do all of you understand that food is an addiction? I mean, I can't possibly believe that giving up ice cream and chocolate and half-starving to death is one bit easier than a coke head giving up coke. I don't understand why we don't have court ordered food rehab, because it is apparent that after hundreds of tries...I can't do it on my own!!! This is a cry for help to my government. (Especially if they will include some government dollars to fund my stay.) Do drug addicts or alcoholics relapse any more than dieters? I say, nay.

Anyway - I'm done. I'm giving up the ghost. I'm too old for deception, so I have finally committed to do what it takes, and can proudly announce that I have exercised 12 of the last 14 days, in some cases twice a day. I have cut my caloric intake to no more than 1400 a day. I am not weighing myself, so I have no idea if I've lost any l-b-s, but if in one month I'm not at least one dress size smaller, I will refuse for the rest of my life to give up the delicious food I adore so much AND I will be once again searching for products that proclaim "Miracle Weight Loss" while I do eat. Which by the way, will all be bequeathed to Gary in my last will and testament as he is the one person who already has his own place to store it. Right next to his own well-preserved collection of nutri-slim meals.

1 comment:

Delsa said...

I would like to say I feel for you, but no, I must say it is much more than empathy. If you go a month you are my hero. I make about 2 weeks and not even a pound.

Hits

free hit counter account login link
Get a hit counter here.