Monday, July 14, 2008

Little cracks...and light...



After spending 23 hours over the weekend editing the film and re-writing the script (thank you Wallace for your great feedback!) I met with my editor today to hand-off all the changes and suddenly I felt a glimmer of light.

I think I'm starting to leave the murky waters of hopelessness of looking at my 150 hours of film and wondering how in the heck I'm supposed to pull an actual story out of this uneventful season and seeing...possibility.

It was a depressing decision, but I decided to cut my boy Fred from the film and make it just about the players. I can't explain how attached I was to his story, but once I made the decision to cut it I suddenly felt lighter and I knew it was the right decision. I will make Fred in to his own little story rather than force fit it in to the Flash story.

So there you have it...T-5 days until I head home, and I may actually be able to leave confidently, knowing that the film will at least be in a final rough cut state. There are many more hours to go, but friends...I see the light.

6 comments:

EFN Newsletter said...

Congratulations! Must feel good.

Delsa said...

What do you mean head home? Are you going back to Ann Arbor?
Who is your editor?

kwallace said...

it's gonna rock lady.

Aly said...

I just hope I get to see the finished product someday. It's been nice to see you once in awhile since you've been here.

Lolo said...

Awesome! i can't wait to see the finished product and tell everyone that i know the person who created this fabulous work of art!

Delsa said...

What's going on with this family - it's time I got an e-mail or at least an addition to this blog.

Hits

free hit counter account login link
Get a hit counter here.