Thursday, July 24, 2008

Updates


Looks like the "no's" were the strong winner in the email debate today, so I decided to wait until tonight to email. Thanks for the comments, and understand that I think the right side did win that vote. I just didn't want to follow good advice.

Truthfully, since I don't consider myself highly emotionally invested, and I don't care about the "result I create" and I need closure for the story on my blog, I sent the following email tonight:



"Hey you....are you OK? I never heard back from you so I was afraid you'd fallen and can't get up. If you have, put up some smoke signals and I'll send help immediately.

Seriously, I hope everything is fine.

If you've decided the tennis or baseball offer is off the table, please put my caramels under the slide by the pond on Lohr Rd. and let me know when to retrieve them."


At least I followed your (all's) advice on keeping it light, yes?

It may or may not have been the "right" move, and I guess we'll find out soon enough. I will say, that I do hope we have the chance to meet up again, but if not, I did sit next to a lovely English bloke on my flight home from Chicago today who practically trailed me home - I barely broke him off at the car. Maybe broke him off isn't the right way to say that... Who knows, he may have just been lost though - you know how backwards those Brits can be. I mean look at Maria.

1 comment:

Elizabeth Downie said...

Keep us updated! :) I'm dying to know if he e-mails back. I hope he does.

Hits

free hit counter account login link
Get a hit counter here.